Saturday, January 31, 2015

Love and Loss


I can't believe it has been three weeks. Time flies whether you are having fun or not. Three weeks ago, my darling husband was faced with the biggest challenge immaginable, and we had to say goodbye to his mother. 
Tracey was one of the most giving people I have ever met. Never did she meet someone without trying to help them or give them something or telling them about something they'd find useful. On her trip to Hawaii, she called and asked a million times what we wanted her to bring back. I, of course, said a rubber duck. Tracey searched high and low on the island for ducks, and when she couldn't find one, she came back and bought me all of these for my birthday. 
Aren't they cute? I don't know where they came from. But that's just the kind of person Travey was. 
I loved hear dearly. It hurts my heart that my children will never know their darling grandma. That my husband has so many accomplishments ahead that his mom will miss. It is so hard to lose someone, especially so suddenly. 
I have been thinking of this post for days, but I didn't know what to say. I'm sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. I'm sorry I never made a Yule log with you. I'm sorry I was short tempered and easily annoyed. I would change so many things I did. But I did love you, and I hope you knew that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment